Friday 6 April 2012

Young Techies

It worries me that the staff and sixth form will all have an iPad but nowhere to play because the Internet won't have been upgraded in time and therefore the network will be unable to cope with the extra traffic . What particularly worries me is the lost opportunity to experiment with lessons prior to September.
It would be good to identify a small group of yr12 students who would be prepared to contribute To the research in exchange for being allowed on the network. Thinking about it, a student focus group is pretty essential even if the network upgrade happens.
My other thought springs from something Simon McBurney once said about technology and how actors will play around with it, turn it omits head, so to speak. Most of the stuff I have read about Apps and the iPad has respected their function and purpose. I think we need to be a little more subversive and look at ways we can use the apps to achieve our ends.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment